Chemical and instrumental analyses are the prime requirements to ensure the quality and usability of a raw material. Many key leaders of manufacturing industries are relying on the chemical analysis and instrumental analysis to check the quality of the final product. These are important to ensure both the safety and quality of the products. The unwanted compounds can appear in final products without checking the quality in the initial process.
A quantitative analysis is also important to know the proportion of some important components in the raw material. Moreover, it will ensure that the impurities in the product do not exceed a specific limit. All these things will make the final product safe.
There are different types of techniques of pharmaceutical analysis. All these are meant to identify the quantity of a substance, determination of the structure of some specific chemical compounds, and the components of the pharmaceutical formulation.
This analysis will reveal the characterization, identification, and determination of the raw materials, final products, and biological products. The numbers of different types of drugs are increasing rapidly at an alarming rate in the current condition. All these new arrivals are either the new entities or the partial structural modifications of the exciting ones. To ensure the safety of new drugs, it is important to use a proper pharmaceutical analysis.
Now new analytical methods are coming up for these new drugs and those combinations due to a number of reasons. A few of them are the followings.
• The official pharmacopeia might not disclose the analytical process for the combination drugs and new ones.
• The literature search might not be enough to get accurate information of the analytical procedure used for a specific drug and combination of drugs.
• The detailed of the analytical methods are not available for the new drugs and the combination due to the intervention of the excipients.
• Analytical methods for the qualification of the combination of drugs and new drugs from biological fluids are not available.
• The methods of the analytical process for the drugs and combinations may not be available.
These are the conditions where a pharmaceutical analysis is very important to ensure the quality of a drug. In addition to the above, a pharmaceutical analysis can be combined with the following procedures.
• When the existing procedure needs expensive solvents, reagents, and instruments
• When it involves any separation and tedious extraction step that is both complex and time-consuming
• Research institutions that need a detailed analysis
• Not rapid, sensitive, and reliable process
• Quality control departments
• Bioequivalence & Biopharmaceutics studies
• Approved testing laboratories
The spectral methods are used to measure the electromagnetic radiation that is normally emitted or absorbed by a sample.
These methods focus on the measurement of the voltage, current, and resistance.
These methods are the advanced chromatographic techniques mostly used for the estimation of multicomponent drugs in their composition. Chromatographic methods are known for three popular types of techniques. These are GLC, HPLC, and HPTLC.
All these methods are used to analyze the complex mixtures as well as to get accurate quantitative measurements.