Senior Scientist (Immunology)October 22, 2018
Research Technician III (Molecular Biology)October 22, 2018
Senior Analytical Chemist
Gala Pharmaceutical Inc. (OTC:GLPH) is seeking a Senior Analytical Chemist with previous hands-on laboratory experience. The Candidate must be experienced with instrumentation such as ICP-MS, HPLC and GC-MS + other industry related equipment for analyte detection of pesticide, residual solvents, potency, mycotoxins, heavy metals & microbes. Candidate must have working knowledge of work flow efficiency from sample receiving to data analysis using LIMS. The candidate will also be responsible for implement any methodologies/SOP’s that can improve testing accuracy. The Sr. Analytical Chemist will work closely with Laboratory Director to execute QA/QC standards and internal audits.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring performance data and the validity of the analyses for the laboratory;
- Routine analysis of samples using analytical procedures and methods
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Highly experienced analyzing sample testing results and in-depth data analysis.
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance of analytical instruments.
- Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications or customer requests.
- Participate in the revision of existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Director.
- Participate in reports and audits.
- Create and implement analytical testing methodologies, method development, method validation and SOPS that can increase lab efficiency from sample prep to QA test analysis
- Ensure and work under frameworks of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and ISO 17025
- Provide and establish all proper documentation for best laboratory testing practices & update as necessary
- Analyze data via LIMS software for trends to create reports and certificates of analysis
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Educational Requirement – Bachelor’s of Science in Analytical Chemistry or related Field with a minimum of 8 years of analytical laboratory experience, or greater. Preferably the candidate will have a Master’s of Science in Analytical Chemistry with 4 years experiences working in a non-academic laboratory setting.
- Experience with analytical techniques including, but not limited to: HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Hands on experience with in organic extraction, analytical chemistry techniques, and statistics
- ISO 17025 experience
- Proper pipetting technique
- Experience with Lean six sigma, a plus
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- PhD (Ideal)
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Paid Time OFF (PTO)
- Job Type: Full-time
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.